Lebron to Miami

in General Discussion
JohnnyL
Posted at 07/09/2010 07:20AM

So now that the never ending hype of NBA free agency has ended, what are your thoughts on Lebron picking up and going to Miami to play with Wade and Bosh?

As someone who really has no dog in the fight (I don't care much for the NBA or the Cavs), I am not terribly upset. I did like Lebron though before all of this went down. Now I think he's a quitter (game 5), egotistical, and narcissistic. He has gone from being argualby the most beloved athlete in the country, and certainly in Ohio, to a villain.

I think he is walking a dangerous line. Miami right now has literally three players. It will be difficult for them to attract anyone worth anything if they can only offer them league minimums. As we've seen with LA and Boston in recent years, it takes more than a couple superstars to win a championship.

Recommending: Anberlin, Interpol, Chamberlain, House of Heroes

Rick Gebhardt
Posted at 07/09/2010 07:31AM

I haven't given a shit about the NBA since KG left Minnesota.  Even then, I only sorta cared.  The NBA is just no fun to watch. Everyone is a crybaby, you no longer are required to dribble the ball or play defense, it's not a team sport anymore (it's all about one-on-one shit now even with 5 guys on the court), and most of the time it looks like guys just aren't trying. 

That being said, I hope Miami utterly fails next year. They now feel like the Yankees of the NBA stacking up on superstars hoping that raw talent alone can overcome everything else.

Find me EVERYWHERE:

happyknappy11
Posted at 07/09/2010 08:15AM

I was just pissed I watched that whole special while the built up anticipation to a question we already knew the answer to.

"If someone gives you a kazoo and toots around the house to MTV, they're not gonna fuck you." - David Cross

Bells and Whistles
Posted at 07/09/2010 10:02AM

What a pussy.

aaron
Posted at 07/09/2010 10:43AM
no care, they'll put them three on the court and they wont be able to co-exist. One will probably end up being hurt most the season and everyone will make them the laughing stock of the NBA, all while the Lakers win another title.

Decoymusic.com (CEO/Founder)
Blue Reef Design Studios (Web Development)
http://aarontroy.tumblr.com

NiCK JAMES
Posted at 07/09/2010 02:14PM

Being from Cleveland this was pretty upsetting, but everyone I know expected it. It just sucks because he was a major source of our economy. I was just at a vegan restaurant underneath the apartment buildings he paid for in Akron.

rustycage
Posted at 07/09/2010 03:35PM
ESPN likes to suck cocks, he's nobody's king, he can go to the ABA for all I care and the league and the sport worldwide would be better without him. Antagonizing piece of shit.

benny06
Posted at 07/09/2010 04:55PM

Pretty sick of everyone being pissed at him.  He wants championships.  This is his best chance to get them.  It was clear he needed help in cleveland.  He will have plenty of that now.  Just hope they don't get in each other's hair too much. 

I still believe the nba is a total joke though...

rustycage
Posted at 07/09/2010 08:07PM
It's the way he dealt with the situation, he has no loyalty to anyone but himself and his ego.

b_myers
Posted at 07/09/2010 09:44PM
rustycage

It's the way he dealt with the situation, he has no loyalty to anyone but himself and his ego.

exactly. 

resist sundials
Posted at 07/09/2010 10:04PM
rustycage

are you kidding? shut up.

he's been in cleveland since he started and hasn't gotten shit. they don't get anyone to help him win anything. shaq? really? he sucks and has sucked for years now.

every nba player wants a ring. he's the best player in the league. let him go where he wants to get exactly what he wants.

i like cavs too, but without him they're first round and that's it. he'll do way better with heat if they can get some decent players around him.

totzine
Posted at 07/09/2010 11:59PM

as someone from cleveland, i never thought i would see the day where i hated someone more than art modell.

fuck you lebron james, i hope you run into donte stallworth in miami.

mmakara81
Posted at 07/10/2010 01:09AM

miami was a bad choice to win a ring. yes wade and bosh are there, but last time i checked you need 5 guys on the court. with the signing of boozer, chicago was the team to go with. they have a solid foundation that would have been built around him. it could have been the early/mid 90's all over again.

Chris Conlan
Posted at 07/10/2010 07:02AM

Don't really care for the NBA but man it's funny all the hoopla about this.  Seriously does the media have nothing else better to do and worry about where this guy is going?  He gets his ego because of the media and his fans.  We perpetuate him as this ungodly superstar and like most athletes/celebrities/musicians, they eat it up. 

JohnnyL
Posted at 07/10/2010 07:41AM
resist sundials
rustycage

are you kidding? shut up.

he's been in cleveland since he started and hasn't gotten shit. they don't get anyone to help him win anything. shaq? really? he sucks and has sucked for years now.

every nba player wants a ring. he's the best player in the league. let him go where he wants to get exactly what he wants.

i like cavs too, but without him they're first round and that's it. he'll do way better with heat if they can get some decent players around him.

Every single person that the Cavs have tried to add (Delonte West, Mo Williams, Shaq, Antwan Jameson) were guys that Lebron asked for. He's a horrible GM.

Recommending: Anberlin, Interpol, Chamberlain, House of Heroes

chinawhite
Posted at 07/10/2010 10:25AM

as someone from cleveland, i never thought i would see the day where i hated someone more than art modell.

fuck you lebron james, i hope you run into donte stallworth in miami.

aha ha.